Saturday, 2 May 2015

Shropshire Blogger Meet Up



Trousers - New Look
Top - Primark
Sandals - Primark
Denim Jacket  - Vintage
Necklace - eBay
Birthstone and Heart Rings - Pandora
Moon and Star Ring - New Look
Moonstone Gem Ring - eBay

This is the outfit I (stupidly, considering the dire weather) decided to wear to the Shropshire Blogger Meet Up in Shrewsbury today. But I just couldn't resist - the trousers are so comfortable but stylish at the same time, and the sandals remind me of mermaids as they change colour in different lights. Also spot my very attractive exclamation mark tattoo (jokes, I burnt myself when I was baking the other day).



We met at the Two Henrys pub near Shrewsbury where we were given a lovely buffet lunch, with things like sandwiches, samosas and potato wedges, which of course I made the most of. There was loads of popcorn from PROPERCORN and a sponge cupcake in a little box each. There was also a raffle with a huge variety of prizes that managed to raise £80 for Scope, the charity for people with disabilities.

We also had a quick talk from a representative from Smashbox, and Sarah from Everything You Don't Need To Know About Sarah chatted to us for a while about her new business selling Stella & Dot products (which are beautiful and so multi-functional). Chelsea from Loving Life In Wellies is a professional blogger and gave us a few tips on how to succeed in the blogging world - she told us to always be honest and consistent with our posting.

The best part of the day was meeting all of the other lovely bloggers. I would like to say a HUGE thank you to Kirsty from Just A Little Bit Ginger, who did such a good job of organising the whole day for us. I loved sitting and chatting to the others, and although I unfortunately didn't get to meet everyone I had a lovely time and met some amazing people. It was lovely to meet Paige from She Be Chic, who I had a lot in common with because she also blogs a little about her depression. I was also sat with the lady behind The Secret World of a Beauty Blogger, who prefers to stay anonymous, Angela from Garden, Tea, Cakes and Me, Jasmine from MineYeung and Chris from Shrewsbury From Where You Are Not. It was also nice to see Sophie from Avenue de Sophie again, who I met at the NW Bloggers Meet Up back in March.


We also received an amazing goody bag that Kirsty had made up with loads of different brands. I think I'm most excited about trying the LiLash eyelash serum, which is supposed to make eyelashes look thicker and longer, and the KORRES moisturisers to perk up my skin a bit. The Nanshy 4 in 1 Blending Sponge is also going to become a regular in my make-up routine to blend my bronzer and foundation in. I was excited to get a sample of the Smashbox Photo Finish Primer as I have used it before and it leaves a really smooth base for make-up. We got a choice of no-kink hair ties from Prairie Charms and I of course had to go with the ones with bees on to match my blog. I think it was meant to be!

I've had a really lovely day and met some incredible people with amazing stories to tell - so again, thank you Kirsty for organising everything for us! I look forward to meeting you all again soon.
- Getting along with someone straight away and just clicking with them
- Singing along really loudly to old tunes in the car
- Getting your make-up juuust right




PS Please donate towards my sponsored skydive for Mind here, or text MIHV99 £1 to 70070 - thank you for your support!

3 comments:

  1. This looks so fun - I'd love to go to a Blogger Meet Up one day!
    Also you look amazing in outfits I could never pull off in a million years!
    Jennifer x
    Ginevrella | Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so much fun! Aww thank you Jennifer :) xx

      Delete
  2. I believe that if you got a good technology that you can use in your meeting, you are able to deliver your thoughts more effectively. If ever you want to know more about the best meeting room, feel free to contact them via their site.

    ReplyDelete