Friday, 8 May 2015

So I saw a baby being born today


At 11.04am this morning I witnessed a tiny baby girl being born, and I have to say it was one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen. I am currently on obsetrics with my medicine placement and today I was on the delivery suite. I was whisked into surgery to witness a caesarean section, and was expecting it to be really gruesome. It was very quick and painless and as soon as the baby came out I could feel myself welling up - and when the baby's dad started crying I was gone. Birth is one of the most natural and beautiful things ever and I feel privileged to be able to watch other mothers' babies being born. I think it really made me appreciate that everyone is brought into this life for a reason, and we should stop taking that for granted. It sounds really cheesy but Baby 11.04 will always have a special place in my heart, as it is the first birth I have ever witnessed.

The rest of my day hasn't been so special - I cycled into hospital with no coat this morning because the sun was shining and it was really warm, but by the time I got home this evening I resembled a drowned rat. Cycling in the pouring rain is literally the worst decision ever. Why is British weather so annoying?! I then cheered myself up with a shared Domino's with my housemate (family meal deal FTW) and sat chatting to my friend Neala for ages this evening. All in all a really lovely day!
- Stuffing yourself with a  takeaway until you can't walk
- A long, hot shower
- Travel sized toiletries (they are cute, okay?)




PS Please donate towards my sponsored skydive for Mind here, or text MIHV99 £1 to 70070 - thank you for your support!

4 comments:

  1. Aww :) The first birth I saw was a CS too - and just like you I was feeling emotional when the father got teary! I think the image will stay with me forever of that new little life being lifted out :)
    Jennifer x
    Ginevrella | Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes definitely, it's such an emotional and special thing! :) xx

      Delete