Saturday, 16 May 2015

So my skydive didn't happen today...


As many of you will know, I was supposed to do a skydive in aid of Mind, the mental health charity, today. Myself and my dad were all psyched up to go in our Mind T-shirts, and after watching a few people floating through the sky attached to a parachute at the airfield we couldn't wait to get in the plane and go. However about half an hour before we were due to jump there was an announcement saying that the plane was burning too much oil and therefore we wouldn't be able to complete our skydive. We were really gutted but have rescheduled it for Friday, so it's not too long to wait. I'm sure Dad had something to do with it - he has been terrified of it for weeks!!

Thank you all for your lovely messages of support and good lucks - they really mean a lot and helped us get ready to do one of the scariest things I think I'll ever do in my life. At least having an extra few days means we have a little longer to raise more money for Mind - if you have just £1 please text MIHV99 £1 to 70070, or visit my Just Giving page. Thank you for everyone's donations so far, you have all been so generous and it is much appreciated!

Tonight we are having a girls' garden party at uni so I'm really looking forward to that. Look out for photos to come tomorrow!! I've also decided to switch back to quotes for the end of my posts instead of things that make me happy, as I've missed having a little inspirational saying each day!
The minute you think about giving up, think about the reason why you held on so long.




PS Please donate towards my sponsored skydive for Mind here, or text MIHV99 £1 to 70070 - thank you for your support!

1 comment: