Sunday, 3 May 2015

The Flower Studio


Flower Bouquet - The Flower Studio*

I was lucky enough to receive this beautiful bouquet from The Flower Studio last week and have been using it to brighten up my bedroom. The Flower Studio is run by florists in Buckinghamshire who sell loads of different types of flowers - I was sent one of their hand-tied bouquets made up of white and pink roses, hydrangeas and carnations. As it was tied with string it kept the bouquet together nicely so that all I had to do was cut the ends off the flowers and put them in a vase of water, without having to worry about arranging them. They were delivered a couple of days after I was in contact with the company, so had very speedy delivery, and were in a bag of water to keep them fresh when they arrived.

Alongside bouquets of flowers, The Flower Studio also sell other products, such as living potted plants, lanterns and vases. I particularly love these little flower bottles that are like old-fashioned milk bottles with flowers inside. The bottles would be lovely to keep afterwards to put new flowers in after the ones supplied start to droop. At the moment there is 15% off everything until midnight tomorrow, or £5 off your first order with the code WELCOME, and you can get next day delivery if you order before 1pm.

I really love having flowers in the house and they really help to cheer me up - just receiving a big box addressed to me made me really excited last Thursday, when I wasn't feeling that great anyway. I think bringing nature inside can be really good for your mental health. My room has been smelling gorgeous since I received these flowers and it has been a pleasure to spend time in there. I guess if you're feeling a little down sometimes it's worth treating yourself with a bunch of flowers to lift your mood a little, or perhaps buy some for a loved one that you know is having a rough time - they can make all the difference.

Today hasn't been a great one for me - I am at home after the blogging meet up in Shrewsbury yesterday, and haven't really done much all day. I'm always better when I'm busy but it's so hard to motivate myself to do anything when I wake up feeling down. Let's hope that the bank holiday Monday is a better and busier day for me!!
- Lovely blog comments from some lovely readers
- A good homemade Sunday roast
Rainwearcentral.com, which helped to cheer me up tonight because reading the posts is hilarious, plus it gives me loads of blog views - thanks pvc_pete




PS Please donate towards my sponsored skydive for Mind here, or text MIHV99 £1 to 70070 - thank you for your support!

2 comments:

  1. These are beautiful! I love flowers, I think they instantly brighten up the room and put a smile on your face xxx

    Sam // Samantha Betteridge

    ReplyDelete