Tuesday, 12 May 2015

What my Top 25 Most Played means


I thought I'd do a bit of a fun post where I look at my 'Top 25 Most Played' playlist on my old iPod Classic (aka songs that I listen to over and over again) and explain why the songs are in there. Some of them are fairly old as I've had my iPod for ages, and a few are quite embarrassing! I'm not going to go through all 25 as that would get very boring, but here are my top 10...

1) Pompeii by Bastille
This is one of my favourite songs - I find it so uplifting, especially the bit where they are building up to the chorus. I'd love to see Bastille live one day; they're one of my favourite bands and do some really good music.

2) Counting Stars by OneRepublic
Another one of my favourite songs, it has the power to make you feel good. I love the lines 'everything that kills me makes me feel alive' and 'old but I'm not that old; young but I'm not that bold'.

3) Someday by Black Eyed Peas
This is my driving song, so is often on when I'm in the car. Especially when it's sunny - windows down, soothing Black Eyed Peas music on. My motorway driving song is Greyhound by Swedish House Mafia (yes, I do have different songs depending on where I'm driving).

4) Love Runs Out by OneRepublic
Another OneRepublic song - they are definitely one of my favourite bands. I also think this song is a good one to drive to whilst singing along really loudly.

5) Shake It Off by Taylor Swift
Such a feel-good song! It makes me realise that it doesn't matter what others think and also makes me want to dance madly in the middle of the street. I love the video too - my housemate and I did a dance to Shake It Off once so it always reminds me of that too. Good times.

6) End of Time by Beyonce
Of course Beyonce had to be on this playlist somewhere. End of Time is another of those songs where the build-up is really good and makes you feel good about yourself when it gets to the chorus. There's a bit of a theme running here with my playlist!

7) Blame It on Me by George Ezra
I can't get enough of George Ezra at the moment, I love the sound of his voice and could listen to his whole album all day. Blame It on Me is probably one of my favourite songs of his and you'll often hear me crooning along in my bedroom or tapping my foot along to it on train journeys.

8) Princess Of China by Coldplay feat. Rihanna
This reminds me of Spain with my friends about 3 years ago as it kept playing in the bars there. I love listening to nostalgic music and thinking of good memories, and Coldplay are also an amazing band.

9) Moves Like Jagger by Maroon 5 feat. Christina Aguilera
I loved this song when it was released - I thought it was quite individual and not like other current songs that were out at the time. I also really like Maroon 5, and I must have listened to it a lot on repeat as it's fairly high in my Top 25 Most Played!

10) Budapest by George Ezra
Another amazing song by the incredible George Ezra. Budapest is probably more relaxed than Blame It on Me but is also really feel-good and I like the meaning behind the song.

And the rest... Laura Palmer by Bastille; I'm Into You by Jennifer Lopez feat. Lil Wayne; Schoolin' Life by Beyonce; Don't Stop The Party by Black Eyed Peas; She's Not Afraid by One Direction; Best Thing I Never Had by Beyonce; Mermaid by Train; Glad You Came by The Wanted; S&M by Rihanna; The Lazy Song by Bruno Mars; Little Bad Girl by David Guetta feat. Taio Cruz and Ludacris; Hey Baby by Pitbull feat. T-Pain; I Like It by Enrique Iglesias feat. Pitbull; Stronger by Kelly Clarkson; Kiss With A Fist by Florence & The Machine.

I think a running theme with this playlist is that I like listening to uplifting songs that make me feel good. I love finding a song that I can listen to while I'm walking my dog or doing work - music always helps to cheer me up. Today has been spent in hospital learning about heavy menstruation (fun) and then just catching up with friends this evening.
- Having your hair played with
- Window seats
- Having warm feet




PS Please donate towards my sponsored skydive for Mind here, or text MIHV99 £1 to 70070 - thank you for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment