Thursday, 28 May 2015

What's Cooking?


What's Cooking?, 24 Britannia Pavilion, Albert Dock, Liverpool

Today my mum and sister decided to come up and visit me in Liverpool, as they both had the day off. It has been a fairly sunny but blustery day so we have wandered around the shops (I bought some new pants... because you always need new pants, right?) and the docks for a while.

For lunch we decided to stop off at What's Cooking?, an American style restaurant located on the Albert Dock. The menu features dishes from the States, Mexico or the Caribbean - the food is mainly burgers, fajitas, burritos and steaks. We shared a plate of nachos to start, which was supposed to just be for 2 people but was huge (and delicious). I decided to have a veggie burger for my main, but not just any veggie burger - a Billy-Boy style veggie burger. It contained goats cheese, roasted red pepper, caramelised onion and apricot and ginger sauce - and to top it all off was served with sweet potato fries. It was delicious - really moist and very filling. So much so that I couldn't even manage to have a pudding, which is most unusual for me! Katie, my sister, went for the Scooby Snack burger; it had two beef burgers, lettuce, tomato, red onion, gherkin, cheese, bacon and pineapple - I'm really not quite sure how she managed it. I would also recommend their milkshakes - I had banana and mum went for chocolate. I think What's Cooking? would be great in the evening as the dock would be lit up - the cocktails also looked amazing so it would be worth having a visit to the bar if you feel so inclined.

I've had a really lovely day with two of my favourite people; it's made me look forward to summer so I can spend more time with my family!
Do what you love, say what you feel, and live without regret.



4 comments:

  1. Great, I love it! Enjoy the weekend!

    Check my last post here!

    Follow each other? Let me know and I'll do the same:
    My blog | Bloglovin

    ♥‿♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds delicious - I'm a huge fan of a good veggie burger! My mum came to see me at uni today, its always so lovely to see family when you're away :)
    Jennifer x
    Ginevrella | Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I always choose veggie burgers if they're on the menu. Aww that's lovely, it's so nice to spend a day with family! xx

      Delete