Friday, 12 June 2015

Today is a good day


Even though the skies have been grey and the tarmac has been dampened by the rain, I have felt so good today, and it's so lovely after weeks of not feeling positive at all. I notice happiness and joy so much more when I am suffering with my depression - I actually almost started crying this afternoon because it's such a relief to have a good day. I guess it's quite special how those with depression and other mental illnesses appreciate happiness so much. I just want to hold on tight and not let it go; or bottle it and use it as a perfume whenever I need a bit of a boost.

There's no particular reason why I'm feeling this good today; I guess it's just a combination of my medication, counselling and not having anything negative affecting my mood. Today I had a simulation day where we were put in a room with a simulated man who could talk and move and react to whatever we did - we were given a scenario and had to manage him accordingly. It was quite scary at first but once we got into it I really enjoyed myself, and it made me realise what life as a doctor will be like in the future. I then got the train home this evening, so it's lovely to be around my family and away from the stresses of university for a few days.
Friendship isn't about who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you" and proved it.



2 comments:

  1. I'm happy you feel good!
    The simulation sounds really interesting, I doubt we have something like this at medical faculty in my country.
    Btw I love your dress (is it an aquarium?) in this picture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! Yes it's got fish all over it :) xx

      Delete