Monday, 6 July 2015

8 photos of happiness tag

I was nominated by Joana from the lovely 100 Things I Love to complete the 8 photos of happiness tag - I think it's a really nice and positive idea, and really fits in well with the ethos of my blog!

Here are the rules:
1) Thank your nominator/s and link them in the post (thank you Joana!)
3) Post your 8 photos of happiness - the photos can be anything that represents a moment, object, place or feeling that makes you happy.
4) Pop in a brief description of the photo, why you chose it or just let the photos do the talking!
5) Spread the happiness and tag up to ten other bloggers!


1) This had to be the first photo. It was taken on our family holiday in Italy last year, and we had an amazing time. We celebrated my 21st birthday whilst we were out there, ate loads of pasta and pizza, and generally just made each other laugh. We always have such fun together, especially on holiday when it is just the five of us (see my post on funny things that have happened to me on holiday), and I can't wait to go away again this summer. My family have been so supportive of me and I really wouldn't be where I am now without them - I love you all!


2) This photo makes me so happy because you can tell we all were just having so much fun (even though none of us look particularly great here!). I am really lucky to have found some amazing friends at uni who have been so supportive of me this past year - and not to mention those at home too who have had my back all along. I hope this photo will be recreated tomorrow night when we're all feeling free after finishing our last exam!


3) This photo of the zebras was taken when I was on safari in Tanzania during my gap year. I guess it just reminds me that there's so many places in the world I can travel to and makes me really appreciate the fact that I am lucky enough to be able to do so. Safari was so humbling, as we went to see where the Masai lived, and it made me realise how many opportunities we have in the UK compared to other communities. Plus this is one of the photos I've taken that I'm most proud of!


4) This one was taken just after we got Buster. For the first few nights he slept away from Dylan, but then as time went on he got closer and closer, until he basically lay on top of him. Thinking about this photo is actually making me cry a little as I really miss Dylan, he was such a lovely dog. But I also have some good news - we are going to look at Labrador puppies at some point this week, which is really exciting and getting me through my exams!!! Buster is one of my favourite things to be around in the world - it's a cliche but he really is my best friend and never fails to make me laugh.


5) Well these two beauties just make me laugh! Katie the cyclops and Hannah as Gollum. We make such attractive sisters.


6) This had to be in here really - the day I did my skydive to raise money for Mind. It was probably one of the best days this year, in fact it's one of the best things I've ever done. Dad and I managed to raise over £1000, which will hopefully be helping those suffering with their mental health by now.


7) This photo was taken shortly after I got an unconditional offer to study medicine at university, when we went to Frankie & Benny's as a family to celebrate. I remember telling Mum and both of us just bursting into tears because it took such hard work and determination to get there. She went to every interview with me, comforted me when I got declined from Birmingham, and was as happy as I was when I got my offer. I can't believe this was over 3 years ago now!


8) Ah, Midcourse. This was our ball in March to celebrate being halfway through medical school and it was such a good night. I never thought I would get this far so the photos from the ball make me feel really proud of myself, as well as of my friends. One more exam to go and we'll be done for 3rd year, how time flies! You can read my post on Midcourse here if you would like to.

I would like to nominate:
- Emma at Carpe Diem Emmie
- Charlotte at Discovering Charlotte
- Jennifer at Ginevrella
- Samantha at All I Know Now

Can't wait to see your posts!
There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living.
                 - Jose N Harris



6 comments:

  1. Love it. That zebra pic is fab. I'm posting my 8 photos of Happiness on Friday :)

    Sarah <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good take on it! Made me giggle :) I'm amazed you done a skydive I am so up for doing that for charity - probably next year. Any advice to soothe the nerves?

    Also - here's my 8 photos of happiness piece if you'd like to have a look. https://hellaturnup.wordpress.com/2015/07/06/8-photos-of-happiness-tag/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! To be honest I wasn't actually that nervous, I guess just take it as it comes and enjoy!

      Your post is great :) xx

      Delete
  3. Thank you for the tag, Hannah! It's such a lovely way to look back at old, forgotten memories! You look absolutely stunning in the top photo with your family, so beautiful :) xx

    Sam // Samantha Betteridge

    ReplyDelete