Tuesday, 21 July 2015

Hello, I'm Hannah and I'm a fourth year medical student


I found out today that I passed my third year exams, so I'm going to be a fourth year medical student! Everyone that knows me well will understand how important medicine is to me, and I honestly never dared to believe that I'd get this far. I will take my finals this year; I will be one step closer to becoming a doctor; I will have a lot of responsibility. Fourth year always seemed like the year that was slightly mysterious and out of reach. I remember being in first year and thinking the fourth years were so mature and knew so much - and yet here I am now!

It doesn't seem like long ago that I found out I was going to be going into third year (post here) - this past year has gone so quickly. It has been such a long year, not finishing until two weeks ago and starting early September, and there have been some very definite lows, but it has been my favourite year yet.

This past year I don't only feel like I have learnt a huge amount of medical knowledge; I have also learnt a lot about myself. I have learnt who is important in my life and who will be supportive of me in years to come; I have learnt that I can really cope in difficult situations; and I have learnt that I can juggle medicine with a social life and have fun. I am proud of writing this blog every day, even during the stresses of exams. It gives me some time to reflect on each day and what I have achieved, and helps me to stay calm and relax. Thank you for coming along the (sometimes bumpy) ride with me and being such supportive readers!

I genuinely feel so privileged to be in the medical world and am so excited for the future. 17 year old Hannah definitely never thought she'd get this far. Congratulations to everyone else in my year too, we've had a difficult old time but we've tackled it and come out the other side. Now let's crack open the prosecco!

Hannah x

8 comments:

  1. Huge congratulations Hannah! I can't believe how fast medical school flies by... Good luck for the next years!
    Jennifer x
    Ginevrella | Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations (eeeek!). I've just finished my third year and graduated. so I know how relieving and exciting it is to know you've made it through another year.

    Steph - http://nourishmeclean.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Steph, congratulations on graduating! xx

      Delete