Thursday, 23 July 2015

Montepulciano and Panicale


Today has actually been quite a busy one. This morning (okay, it was nearly afternoon by the time we dragged ourselves out of the house) we decided to visit a Tuscan town close to Siena called Montepulciano. Montepulciano is a walled town with lots of lovely shops and restaurants, as well as an abundance of places to taste wine and cheese. Hence the photo of me in a huge wine cellar. It is a hill town, which was not the nicest experience in 40 degree heat and when you have legs that are only used to walking from the sun bed to the pool for the last two weeks, but it did mean that it had spectacular views of the surrounding countryside.

We stopped at a pizzeria for lunch and then decided to return back to the house for a few much-needed hours in the pool.

This evening we visited another walled hill town called Panicale, which also has spectacular views and lots of winding streets. Every Thursday evening during the summer there is live music in the main piazza, so we sat with some prosecco and listened to the band that were playing tonight. There was a lovely atmosphere with lots of Italians and some individuals from other countries (most notably a mad German man that kept dancing along with a huge glass of wine).

                    

Dress - Asos 

I decided to wear this Grecian-style dress and it was so comfortable, as well as flattering. I dressed it up with some metallic temporary tattoos that I picked up in Mallorca - I think they're so pretty, and really convenient on holiday as it means you don't really need to wear any jewellery.

I've had a lovely day and now feel a million times better than I did yesterday. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'm always happiest when I'm busy!

Hannah x

8 comments:

  1. I'm happy you're feeling better! Your holidays sound so relaxing, even though the heatwave we've been having in southern Europe is very user-unfriendly. I always imagine small Italian and Croatian cities made of stone to be colder, but I think once it reaches 40°C, it might not be the case anymore.

    I love this white dress on you! I'd like to dress more womanly (as opposed to my wide shorts and the first tee I find in this heat), but my commute is riding a bycicle. And even if walked on foot to get around, the white color would probably get dirty really fast. I'll use it as inspiration to sew my own, shorter version.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was so hot in Italy! Thank you :) wow you could sew your own dress - I wish I could do that! xx

      Delete
  2. This white dress is absolutely stunning Hannah! You looks like a goddess ;)
    It sounds like you are having a lovely time on holiday, with a great balance of sight seeing and relaxing - I'm loving reading about your experiences xx

    Sam // Samantha Betteridge

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dress is beautiful! Very Grecian indeed :) Italy is one of my favourite countries, I really need to go back again at some point and explore more places!
    Jennifer x
    Ginevrella | Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jennifer - I love Italy so much! xx

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Hannah, they are just Primark :) xx

      Delete