Friday, 18 September 2015

Home for the weekend



Ah, home sweet home. I've come back to Shropshire for the weekend and it's always so lovely to be back. I miss the countryside while I'm in Liverpool - the fields, the fact I can just step out of my door and go for a walk with my dogs, even the smell of manure (I always know I'm home when I start to smell manure).


I come from a tiny village in the middle of nowhere, so moving to a big city was a huge change for me. I live in a place where there are only three buses a day that go to very limited places, and the most traffic you will get is a queue behind cows crossing the road.


I do love living in Liverpool, it's definitely a great place to be as a student. It's so easy to get anywhere by public transport and there's always so much going on. The night life is incredible and the shopping even better, but sometimes it's so novel to come back to the countryside and spend a few days with a slow pace of life and an even slower internet connection.


Hannah x

2 comments:

  1. Have a great weekend Hannah :)

    I am just like you, I live in the middle of nowhere! No buses, and the only traffic are the cows who think it's a good idea to stand in the middle of the road. I love having the contrast between Gloucestershire and Liverpool, it's nice to have the best of both worlds.
    Kate x
    The Medical Journal

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a weekend at home, I hope you're having a good time. I wish home for me was the countryside sometimes! I really like central Bristol, but I know I'm not a city girl at heart... I crave big open spaces and fields full of animals! I love living in the suburbs of London too, at least we have some nice spaces - but my dream is definitely to move to somewhere a little more rural in the future :)
    Jennifer x
    Ginevrella | Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete