Saturday, 12 September 2015

Mexican night


This morning I hopped onto the train to Shropshire to spend a couple of days at home with my family. I spent the afternoon reading and sleeping, and then this evening sat down for a meal with everyone. My dad always cooks an amazing meal for us on a Saturday night, and tonight he chose to go with a Mexican theme, consisting of nachos for the starter and fajitas as the main. He's a really good cook (or chef, as he would say), so it's always great to come home and have some of his food - instead of my attempts at culinary excellence that never turn out quite how I'd like them to.


Of course a lot of the evening had to be spent with Bruce and Buster too - Bruce has grown a lot since I last saw him, but his teeth are still razor-sharp (I was kind of hoping that he'd filed them down a bit by now with all the chewing he's been doing).


I am currently in bed, scared to put my feet on the floor, as there is a huge spider crawling around and Mum has gone to sleep so I can't ask her to get it. I think I'm handling it quite well actually, even if I do feel sick every time it moves...

I hope you all have had a great Saturday!
Start each day with a grateful heart.



No comments:

Post a Comment