Sunday, 6 September 2015

#NWmeet

#NWmeet The Secret Warehouse Liverpool
 Today has been an amazing day - I went to the blogger's North West meet (#NWmeet) and had SUCH a good time. It was organised by Sam from Little Fickle and Katy from The Lilac Scrapbook. We were sent very vague directions and didn't actually know where the venue was before we got there, but it turned out to be in the incredible The Secret Warehouse. The warehouse is a building on an industrial estate, and the decor inside is amazing - all brick walls and wooden floor and open space. There were even a couple of Buddhas added into the mix. I think I now want to move in there and make it into my house.


When we entered we had to pick a W7 lipstick for the kissing wall. We put it on, kissed our cards and put our blogs on them - before hanging them up on a piece of string. I thought it was a really cute idea, and I went for a really bright pink.


We wandered around the room, looking at the incredible prizes up for grabs and meeting all of the other bloggers. It was so nice to meet everyone - all the other bloggers were so lovely and seemed to have a lot to chat about.


There was a competition to see if you could guess the amount of sweets in a jar, and the closest four would win a Jones+Jones dress. And guess what... I was one of the four! I chose the dress on the chair that you can't actually see. Then I had a lovely surprise as Laura from The Girl With the Strawberry Tattoo said that her dress was way too big for her, and offered it to me. So I brought home two beautiful dresses - the second one was the black lacy one in the middle. Thank you so much again Laura, you're so lovely!


I also ended up winning a £50 Boden voucher in the raffle!


The lovely people from Lush also came in to give us a demonstration of a facial that we could try out with our complimentary Lush products. They showed us the order that we should apply the products in - cleanser, face mask, toner, moisturiser - which was quite funny as the guy basically got covered in bright blue goop.


I ate a few cupcakes (they ended up being my lunch), and picked up some bits from the food and drink table.


Nobody could get over this blk water - it literally tastes like water but the liquid is black. Which is a little off-putting, but actually when you look at the minerals that are infused into it that make it that colour, it is really good for you.


There was also a mirror for selfies with some props, so of course we had to make the most of them - you can see a couple of pictures on my Instagram here and here.


Corduroy Pinafore - Primark
Blouse - New Look
Shoes - New Look

I decided to wear this pinafore, which I am loving at the moment. I'll do a proper outfit post wearing it, but it's a corduroy material in a gorgeous dark red, and is perfect for the current transitional weather as it can be worn with or without tights, and a jumper underneath if need be. Plus it was only £13, and they had it in black.


The venue also had an amazing garden terrace, complete with blossom lights and fake grass seats. Oh, and there was a french bulldog called Martha outside. Sold.


I think I took more photos of the dog than anything else, but she was just so adorable!


Below is a photo of me with the gorgeous Sam and Katy, who did such a good job of organising the whole day.


We also had a visit from This Material Culture, a handmade jewellery brand based in Liverpool, who sell really personal and quirky jewellery. I particularly fell in love with their silver necklaces, especially the ones with little quotes, and the necklaces with children's toy dinosaurs attached.


To round off a perfect day, myself and Aisling from Rosy Smiles chatted together in the sunshine under the blossom tree. As I said before, it was so lovely to catch up with the bloggers I had met in the past, and meet some new ones too.


This has been my favourite blogger's event that I've attended so far - everything was just perfect. We also got some insane goody bags, which I will probably do a post about tomorrow, as I'm so excited about some of the items we received. I would like to say a huge thank you to Katy and Sam, and also a shout out to Danielle from Student to Staff Nurse, Michelle from Michelle Gleaves, and Kiah from Kiah's Adventures, whom I spent the majority of the day with and thoroughly enjoyed getting to know. I would love to mention everyone on here but there were so many of us that it would probably take up another blog post. But hey to everyone I met today!

The whole event was to raise money for The Recovery Bag Project, a kit designed to help those that suffer with mental illnesses. It's a really great idea and I was more than happy to donate some money to help them to help more sufferers.

To top off today, my housemate and I were just about to sit down and watch Casualty, when I sliced open my finger... and ended up in casualty. I had to have two stitches in it and felt incredibly stupid. I guess we just can't keep ourselves away from hospital (#dedicatedmedicalstudents).
To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don't need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself.



3 comments:

  1. Great post hun :) Love the quote at the end! Had a great time, it was lovely to meet you!

    Danielle
    | Student to Staff Nurse |

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds wonderful - I really want to get to a blogger event now! Hope your finger is alright too!
    Jennifer x
    Ginevrella | Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete