Monday, 28 September 2015

West Midlands Blogger Meet Goody Bag

As I've mentioned on here a couple of times, last weekend I went to the West Midlands Blogger Meet in Birmingham - so I thought I'd show you the things we got in our amazing goody bag!


I think about 50% of the goody bag was made up by food (which is fine by me), and I was intrigued to try out this EarlyBird TasteBox. EarlyBird is a little bit like Graze - they deliver a box to you every week containing 5 different snacks and 2 types of tea. The boxes also contain music and art from upcoming artists, supporting them by creating exposure to their work.



These Derma V10 skincare products can be bought really cheaply from shops like Home Bargains, Poundland, B&M Bargains, Bodycare and Savers - most of them are currently on sale for £1 so they are great if you're shopping on a budget.



These straws are so fun and will be really useful for pre-drinks, and the candle smells delicious. I'm going to use the cable labels to wrap around some of my cables that are a bit frayed, and also use the different colours so that I can tell which chargers are mine when they are left around the house.

Cable Labels


Marshmallows seem to be all the rage right now, and I loved our personalised marshmallow lollipops (I ate this straight after this photo was taken). Nugget & Mallow also do a monthly subscription box where you can receive a box of marshmallows every 4 weeks.



So here's even more food - I actually have eaten a fair amount of it before I got round to taking these photos (oops) - but you kind of get the gist. I am really looking forward to trying the oaty cookie mix! I'm also going to have to Google yacon syrup as a lot of these products seem to feature it...



We got loads of samples to try...



I have tried this Phil Smith dry shampoo in the past as I also got a sample from #NWmeet earlier in the month, and it's really good so I'm glad I've got some more. This brush will also be great in the shower when my hair is all tangled.



I have tried this kale cleanser from Nourish before (review here), and loved it. I'm always looking for new skincare to try on my problem skin so I'm excited to see if any of these will help!



I think I'm actually going to give this to someone as a gift as the packaging is so lovely, and I don't actually use body butter all that much. It's a really lovely product though!



Ah, who doesn't love Lush?! I was so excited to find two full-size Lush products in our goody bags - the shower gel smells amazing and I've wanted to try this bath bomb for a while after seeing images of it on Instagram (watch the video on the link below - it looks so fun and colourful!).



I'm excited to try both of these products - the eyeliner is such a gorgeous colour, and the finishing spray is supposed to hold make-up in place for up to 16 hours, which will be useful for a night out.



This ChapStick lip balm is one of my favourite things in this goody bag - one end smells of banana and the other strawberry, and banana is one of my favourite flavours ever. We actually got three of these so I gave one to my mum and my sister, as I would never get through all of them! The Bagsy lip  balm also has such lovely packaging.




As you can see, it was an incredible goody bag with some great brands; Kirsty and Adele did such a good job organising everything. Thank you to anyone that sent something to be in the bag - I'm going to get a lot of enjoyment out of trying everything out!
Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations.



No comments:

Post a Comment