Sunday, 27 September 2015

Whitby yet again


This post is all about our trip to Whitby in North Yorkshire yesterday. I've mentioned Whitby a few different times on this blog - the most recent one was this post from August (you can read more about the town there, if you would like). It is one of my favourite places in the UK, so when Kelly asked if we would like to go I was out of my pyjamas and in the car before you could say 'fish and chips'.


The first thing we did when we got there was buy some chips as we were all starving. I had chips with scraps on the top, which is basically some of the batter left over from the fish. You literally cannot beat fish and chips by the seaside.


It was a really lovely, and fairly warm, day for the end of September, so we wandered around the town and looked inside some of the shops, including the sweet shop that I went to in August.


Afterwards we all piled back into the car and sleepily headed back to Kelly's house. I had a quick nap for half an hour, and then we went to a pub for tea with her whole family.

Today was spent walking along the beach and having Sunday dinner at Kelly's gran's house. She makes an amazing roast dinner and I was so full afterwards - why is it that grandmothers always make the best Sunday dinners?

I had such a lovely weekend and am sad to be back in Liverpool now as it went so quickly. I'm currently tucked up in bed with a mug of hot blackcurrant squash as I think I'm coming down with a cold. I'm starting my paediatrics placement tomorrow so I need to be really careful on the wards if I do have any infections!
The world is so much bigger than your brain, stop living inside your head.



1 comment:

  1. You and your friends seem to spend your weekends doing such lovely things :)
    Unfortunately I can sympathise with the back-to-med-school cold... I'm taking a day off today to sort my FPAS application from bed rather than be coughing and sneezing my way through a hospital! Enjoy your paediatrics placement - it's one of my favourites!
    Jennifer x
    Ginevrella | Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete