Sunday, 4 October 2015

A Sunday afternoon walk


One of my favourite things has to be going on a long walk with my dogs, especially when the sun is shining and there is beautiful scenery. After a long nap this morning my family and I drove to Dudmaston Hall, a National Trust house and gardens, based near Bridgnorth in Shropshire.


We strolled all around the lake with the two dogs and it was such a lovely afternoon. I find that you have different chats whilst you're walking, especially if it's with only one other person - they can become deeper, more meaningful.


I also get some of my best ideas (especially for this blog) whilst on a walk by myself. It gives you time to think and reflect on the good things in your life, as well as appreciate the beauty of your surroundings. I'm so lucky to live in the countryside as I can just step out of my door and go for a long walk without even contemplating logistics.


I definitely believe that countryside walks are great for your mental health - they can help clear your head and appreciate the smaller things in life. I find that they give me perspective and help me get away from my 'problems' for a short while. Plus the exercise makes you release all of those happy endorphins that your brain needs for you to stay positive. And look at the gorgeous scenery - how can you not feel a little better when you're surrounded by trees, water and animals?
I am not what has happened to me. I am what I choose to become.
                     - Carl Jung



No comments:

Post a Comment