Thursday, 15 October 2015

Bangers and mash


I absolutely love potato mash, especially if it is cheesy. So when cheesy potato mash is combined with sausages and spaghetti it makes one of the best meals ever. And yet it's so simple.

So the reason I decided to make a big pile of one of my favourite foods was because I have had a very busy day. I have hardly stopped in hospital all day, having a few different teaching sessions. And then pretty much as soon as I got home I had to go out again to train new volunteers for Teddy Bear Hospital. But it's been a good kind of busy day - one where I feel that I have achieved things, and where I am tired but not because of low energy, but due to being productive all day.

When I finally got to relax my housemate and I slouched in front of the TV and watched DIY SOS from last night. Last night's episode is part one of two, and shows the team doing up a street of houses in Manchester for war veterans. Some of the buildings will be homes, and others will be a rehabilitation centre. I think it's such a good idea as so many veterans are left with PTSD and depression when they come back to the UK, and often find it difficult to get another job and function independently. The programme featured Princes William and Harry, who helped out a little with the project, and some of the stories made me cry. Definitely a must-watch if you like that kind of thing.

And so I will leave you with this photo that Mum sent me last night... Apparently it was the cuddles after all of the Brucey chewing. Cute.

And then there is the most dangerous risk of all - the risk of spending your life not doing what you want on the bet you can buy yourself the freedom to do it later.
                            - Randy Komisar



No comments:

Post a Comment