Saturday, 24 October 2015

Blackpool Pleasure Beach and the illuminations


Blackpool is only just over an hour away from Liverpool, so my friends and I decided to take a trip there this weekend. We booked to go to Pleasure Beach, Blackpool's theme park, in advance - so it only cost us £18 with student discount. I had been to Pleasure Beach a couple of times before and loved it, so I was really looking forward to going again!


The weather wasn't great today but because of that the park was relatively quiet: great news for us as we got onto the rides really quickly! We managed to get on every ride that we wanted to, and the longest we had to queue was for the Pepsi Max (or The Big One as it's called nowadays), one of the tallest rollercoasters in the world.


There have been a couple of new rides created since I last went, the newest being the Red Arrows Skyforce ride, which was really fun. We also went on the new Wallace and Gromit ride, which took me back to my childhood - I came away really wanting a fat cuddly sheep toy.


The park was open until 8pm today so we got to go on a few rides twice, including my favourite, Infusion. Infusion is a rollercoaster that has loads of twists and turns and upside-down bits and gives you a huge adrenaline rush.


I really like Blackpool Pleasure Beach as there are loads of different rides - the park isn't only rollercoasters (although there are plenty of these too). The park is also fairly small so you don't have to do much walking from one ride to the next, unlike Alton Towers. Some of the rides are really old and rickety, like the Grand National, but I think that just kind of adds to the Pleasure Beach's authentic charm.

At about 7pm we were all feeling cold and tired after being soaked on Valhalla, the Viking water ride (amazing), so we decided to leave Pleasure Beach and grab some fish and chips to eat, which was the perfect way to end a day at a seaside town.


We then walked a little down the promenade to see the famous Blackpool Illuminations, before jumping in the car to view the rest. They really are very impressive and are apparently the biggest free light show in the world at six miles long - I would definitely recommend a visit if you get the chance.


I have had a really great day but feel exhausted now. Blackpool is a really fun day out if you are looking for something different to do, and Pleasure Beach and the Illuminations are two classic attractions that are must-sees.
Have a heart that never hardens, and a temper that never tries, and a touch that never hurts.
                         - Charles Dickens



1 comment:

  1. I've not been to Blackpool for ages but it looks like you had such a lovely time! I really want one of those sheep ha xxx

    Sam // Samantha Betteridge

    ReplyDelete