Wednesday, 14 October 2015

Can dreams affect your mood?

Last night I had a couple of nightmares, and in the second one I dreamt that I took an overdose.

Can dreams affect your mood? They certainly affect mine. I woke up feeling upset, shaky and low in mood. It was so difficult to drag myself out of bed and face the day ahead - and yet I felt fine before I went to sleep.

I'm not sure whether it's because I'm more sensitive or because I had such a terrifying dream, but I literally felt awful this morning. I started having negative and suicidal thoughts and had a deep ache in my chest that made me feel nauseous. I also felt really tired and like I hadn't really slept, even though I had about 9 hours of sleep, so I must have been restless during my bad dreams.

But I did drag myself out of bed. I got up, got dressed and managed to get into hospital - and I'm proud of myself for doing that. During hospital I still felt exhausted and fairly down, so I tried to do a bit of work but ended up falling asleep in the library (standard). I think I just felt drained.

I have let myself sleep more this evening, before watching The Apprentice and eating a huge pile of egg fried rice, so I do feel a bit better now. But I'm looking forward to getting into bed - let's hope my dreams are a bit kinder tonight!
One day the people who didn't believe in you will tell people how they met you.



1 comment:

  1. Dreams, and nightmares, definitely affect your mood! The other night I woke up at 2.30am after a bad dream and it took me a while to get back to sleep. When I finally woke up for work in the morning, that dream was on my mind and did make me feel down.

    Zoe | www.ibelieveinromeo.com

    ReplyDelete