Saturday, 10 October 2015

Doctor Foster


This has basically been my day and evening... Last night I went out with my housemates and, although we only stayed out until 1am, I was really tired and ended up staying in bed until about 5pm. I was probably recovering from my down period in the week. I really am a typical boring student!

I have, thankfully, almost completely recovered from my blip earlier in the week (for a minute I thought I was back to square one!), but I'm still trying to take it slow as I don't want to burn out. So I decided to have a lazy and relaxing Saturday.


I finished off Sex and the City (I now want to watch the films!) and then started on a new programme - Doctor Foster. I snuggled into bed with a candle on and some sweets and started watching the first episode... And then the next... And the next... Okay, I finished the entire series in one night.

There were only 5 episodes so it's not too bad, but it was a really addictive series and I just had to find out what would happen. Doctor Foster follows Gemma, a GP, through a few weeks of her professional and personal life, where a lot of unfortunate things happen. It is definitely a drama and made me cry at some points, and I think because I would like to be a GP I found it even more addictive. The story could very easily happen in real life, which I think made the series even better. I would definitely recommend it if you're looking for something to watch; it's currently on BBC iPlayer.

I hope you've had a more interesting Saturday than I have!
Courage does not always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow".



3 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed watching Doctor Foster! The ending was a little off but I did think the whole series was a really good watch and I liked that it wasn't too long because sometimes that can be a bit overbearing with everything else in life going on!

    Suitcase and Sandals Blog XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always watched Dr Foster after the GBBO because it was so addictive! The ending didn't quite do it for me but it was a lovely little watch, like you say. Also, the SATC films are really good! xx

    Sam // Samantha Betteridge

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really go into Doctor Foster. What surprised me about the series is that I didn't find any of the characters likeable! Apart from possibly her son who I felt very sorry for. And I had major issues with all the breaking confidentiality...
    Jennifer x
    Ginevrella | Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete