Tuesday, 13 October 2015

Tag: Sweater Weather


I absolutely love autumn; it's one of my top three seasons of the year (I can't choose between summer, autumn and winter - they're all amazing for different reasons!). A time to get snuggly and an excuse to eat lots of chocolate - plus lots of exciting events coming up like Halloween and Bonfire Night (and all of the good TV is always on during this time of year). In fact, you can read my post about on why I love autumn so much here.

So, as you can imagine, I was excited when Paige from She Be Chic challenged me to do the Sweater Weather Tag - a selection of questions all about autumn.


Favourite candle scent?
Okay, so I know this is supposed to be an autumnal tag - but my favourite candle scents have to be hyacinth and jasmine. I've been in a candle mood recently and have been burning them a lot more often, especially in the evenings. I do love wintery scents with cinnamon and spices in too, especially closer to Christmas.

Coffee, tea or hot chocolate?
Hot chocolate, definitely! I actually really don't like tea or coffee (awful British person, I know). My favourite hot chocolate has to be Costa's forest fruits one that they bring out during autumn.

Best autumn fragrance?
I love wearing Calvin Klein's Secret Obsession perfume during the colder months - it's been one of my favourite scents for a while, and has a warm and spicy, yet subtle fragrance.

Best autumn memory?
This is a hard one! Probably Bonfire Night or Halloween - I've got lots of fun memories from the past of those and they are two of my favourite days of the year. I also used to love jumping in the crunchy leaves when I was little; I have a distinct memory of being on a walk and jumping in every pile of leaves that I could find.

Favourite book that you're reading this autumn?
I'm currently reading Michael McIntyre's autobiography which I am finding amusing, but I'm looking forward to starting the new Shopaholic book by Sophie Kinsella when I have finished - it's being released 22nd October!

Which make-up trend do you prefer: winged eyeliner or dark lips?
I wear eyeliner most days so in autumn I get excited about wearing berry coloured lipsticks. My favourites are one by Revlon (that has unfortunately been discontinued), and Rimmel's Kate Moss lipstick in number 30.

Favourite roast dinner food?
POTATO MASH. I can't get enough of mash. I also love cauliflower cheese and roast potatoes, and cheesy leek...

What is autumn like where you live?
In Liverpool, mainly cold and windy (don't even attempt to put an umbrella up). However I adore those crisp sunny autumn days, where the sun is shining but there's a chill in the air.

Most worn sweater?
Probably my 'Feline Meow' sweater (similar) that I got off eBay, as I often wear it around the house due to it being so cosy. I also have an old stripy Primark sweater that I bought in the sale for about £3 that I wear such a lot, as it goes with everything.


Must-have nail polish this autumn?
I always go darker during autumn, as does probably every other girl. Deep wine reds that are almost black are always a winner - as are sparkles as the nights get longer. I also like white for a bit of a surprise.

Football games or jumping in leaf piles?
Erm, jumping in leaf piles - no contest!!!

Skinny jeans or leggings?
Skinny jeans definitely - my black Topshop ones (like in the photo above) are probably one of my most worn items of clothing.

What's something nobody knows about you?
Nobody?! Hmm, I just watched the Sex and the City movie, cried, and stuffed my face with yesterday's homemade brownie. Student life wooop.

Combat boots or Uggs?
Oh God, don't even mention Uggs... Combat boots, I guess - although I'd much rather wear a good pair of Chelsea boots.

Is pumpkin spice worth the hype?
I've never tried it, but would like to. Although I can't imagine pumpkin tasting that good.

Favourite autumn TV show?
I'm trying to get back into Once Upon A Time as I've just finished Sex and the City. I'm also tempted to re-watch the whole of Gossip Girl. X Factor and I'm A Celeb also come back on in the autumn, which helps to keep my Saturday nights interesting!

What song gets you in the autumn spirit?
Counting Stars by OneRepublic always makes me feel quite autumnal. But you can't beat a good Christmas song to get you in the festive mood... (sorry not sorry).

Hats or scarves?
Scarves all the way - hats don't suit me. I often just throw on a scarf - I have so many woolly checked ones. I usually have one on at hospital, mainly so that I can use it as a blanket when I sleep in the library (this isn't a joke).

Favourite thing about autumn?
Probably the fact that it contains Halloween and Bonfire Night, and the lead-up to Christmas (eek!). But the trees always look so pretty with orange leaves, and I love being cosy by the fire on a dark cold night.

Favourite autumn movie?
I always watch all of the Harry Potter movies around this time - I think the weather just gets me in the mood for them.

Okay, so I think that tag was probably a bad idea... I'm now overly excited for Halloween, Bonfire Night and Christmas and don't think I'm going to be able to sleep. Oh, I love autumn it makes me so happy!!!

I would now like to tag Kate from The Medic Journal, Sam from What I Know Now. Jennifer from Ginevrella, Katie from The Lilac Scrapbook, Sammy from Little Fickle, Aisling from Rosy Smiles, and Adele from Adele Louise Smith. Can't wait to see your posts girls, and get even more excited for the coming months!!

Today has been another normal Monday in hospital. I feel like life is going so quickly at the moment - I have so many blogs to catch up on and blog comments to reply to, I just need to find a day to sit down and do it!
Be somebody who makes everybody feel like a somebody.



No comments:

Post a Comment