Wednesday, 25 November 2015

6 things that have made me happy today

Today has just been a normal one, attending my GP placement and coming home exhausted, so I thought I would do a short list of things that have made me happy today.

1) Talking to patients
During my GP placement I get set my own patients that I have to go and talk to in a separate room (history taking), and then I have to report back my findings to the doctor. I am quite a curious person so I love chatting to patients about their lifestyles and illnesses, and today I felt like I did quite well. I also get to type up my history in the patients' notes, which makes me feel like I am actually on my way to being a doctor!

2) Chocolate cake
Of course some sort of food had to be included on here. It was my friend's birthday over the weekend and we bought her a chocolate cake last night - there was some left over so I had a slice after a rather lovely tea of egg fried rice this evening.

3) Singing along to music
I am currently driving on my own to GP, so I plug my iPod into my car and sing along as loudly and as badly as I like. I'm planning on putting Christmas songs on soon.

4) A couple of sets of tickets arriving
I am going to see Michael McIntyre live with my sister in a couple of weeks, and those tickets arrived today. I am also going to the Ultimate Christmas Fair in Liverpool tomorrow, and those tickets arrived today too - which was a lovely surprise as I had forgot that I had been invited!

5) Stroking a dog
So simple, but one of the houses I went to on a home visit with the GP today had a dog, and I got to stroke him for a bit. I miss animal company so much!

6) Getting into bed
Honestly, an earlyish night seems like heaven today. I am so tired and just getting into bed feels amazing and has made me so happy.
You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try.
                 - Beverly Sills



2 comments:

  1. These are such lovely posts, definitely make you appreciate the small things in life! Definitely love chocolate cake ;) xx

    Sam // Samantha Betteridge

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to see Michael Mc recently and he was really good! You'll love it! It's nice to read about the happy things that are going on for you lately :) x

    Laura at Lola and Behold

    ReplyDelete