Sunday, 15 November 2015

#PLBSlumberParty goody bag

Today has been spent with my family, eating Sunday dinner and chatting, so I thought I would show you what we got in our amazing goody bags last weekend at the PLB Slumber Party.



Derma V10's motto is "love yourself for less" - their products are sold for as little as £1 in places like Bodycare, Poundland and Home Bargains. I have used their night and day creams before, and have to say that for the price, they are decent moisturisers.

Sebamed is a company that targets all skin types, from dry to oily, and is one of the leading medicinal skin care brands. I have also used some of their products in the past, so was happy to stock up again.

I haven't used The Incredible Face Mask before, but it claims to remove dead skin and blackheads in minutes - so I'm excited to try something new that may help my problem skin!



Witch has always been a great brand for skincare, so it was great to receive a couple of their products. I wasn't overly impressed with the exfoliating face wash - it wasn't quite exfoliating enough for me, but for the price it's a decent product. I haven't tried the overnight clearing serum yet but am hoping it will help the areas of my face where I get a few spots.

The Latherly shower gel comes out of the can as a gel, but quickly turns into a foam to provide a 'luxury lathering shower experience'. However it wasn't quite as foamy as I was expecting it to be, but it did smell good. Plus it's good for your skin: very moisturising but doesn't contain any soap, alcohol, parabens or artificial colour.


7th Heaven Rescue Masks (Coconut and Honey)

I haven't tried any of these products yet (except for the ChapSticks which smell amazing), but I am looking forward to seeing how well they work. I'm especially intrigued by the Yours Truly serum, which is supposed to be good for oily and blemish prone skin.



Jimmi Jamms were kind enough to send each blogger some pyjamas in different colours - pink, green, blue or yellow. They are really comfortable (although a little see-through!), and I love the box that they come in - almost like a milk carton.



We received so. Much. FOOD! My favourite things are definitely the Choc Shots - they are liquid chocolate that you can use to make a hot chocolate, or add flavour to porridge, yoghurt, or anything you fancy. They taste great just as hot chocolate - and the chocolate orange one is perfect with ice-cream as a sauce.

I have tried the Tommy Tucker popcorn before and wasn't overly impressed - especially by the lemon and chilli one. I am intrigued to try the Nothing But snack, as they provide freeze dried vegetable snacks that are supposed to taste nice and be good for you. Same with the iQ chocolate bar. Tasty Little Numbers are a good brand to go to if you want something low in calories but delicious.


Pens
Paper Straws
Cable Labels

This Bobble water bottle is great as it filters your water and doesn't leak at all. Patchouli is probably not the scent I would have picked from The Library of Fragrance, but I think it will make a good room spray.





Say Yes To No is one of my favourite brands that I have discovered since attending blogger events. Their bread chips are delicious - my favourites are the sour cream and onion ones, although I would love to try the BBQ ones too. They are as natural as possible, with no artificial colourings or flavourings.



Prairie Charms had a very cute idea of making us up little party bags in traditional childhood boxes. They gave us one each and filled it to the brim with jewellery, sweets, straws, confetti and balloons. I was actually very excited when I opened it.


They gave us 5 different Prairie Charms accessories - a purple acrylic owl necklace, green hair bow, two no snag tie hairbands, and a silver hexagon bracelet. The bracelet was probably my favourite as it is simple and easy to wear with everything, and the hairbands will come in handy when I am using a face mask to keep my hair out of the way.

If you would like to order a Prairie Charms party box please email hello@prairiecharms.co.uk for more information. Each box costs around £3-5 which includes 3-5 products to match the theme of your event, as well as confetti, ribbons, balloons, and shredded paper. There is a minimum order of 8.


We were very spoilt by all of the brands - I would like  to say a big thank you to everyone that sent us something, it made an already wonderful weekend even better!
You can be the ripest, juciest peach in the world, and there's still going to be somebody who hates peaches.



No comments:

Post a Comment