Monday, 9 November 2015

#PLBSlumberParty - Our weekend

We all arrived back from the cottage today, tired yet relaxed, so I thought I would do a post on what we got up to over the weekend.

I arrived Saturday afternoon and, after a quick trip to the supermarket, we decided to make some brownies.


We used Reese's Peanut Butter Chips in the mixture, which made it taste incredible (chocolate + peanut butter = one of my favourite combinations ever), and some marshmallow fluff and confetti sprinkles on top to decorate.


The rest of the day was mainly spent lying around, watching films and catching up. And taking photos of everything in sight, as bloggers do. My family often complain as when we go out for a meal, I always have to take photos of their food before they are allowed to eat it.

We decided to make some cocktails before dinner, using the Taste cocktail subscription boxes. You can receive these boxes monthly for around £24 (or you can buy one-off), and get the ingredients and a recipe in each box. I had a margarita, which was so strong that I just couldn't drink it, even when it was topped up with loads of lemonade. I don't particularly like tequila anyway, but it was very alcoholic which made it almost impossible to drink. A good idea, but perhaps the recipes need tweaking slightly.


Adele made us up a lovely buffet for dinner - consisting of food like crisps, spring rolls and pakoras, along with some mince pies for pudding (my first one of the year!). We watched X Factor before putting on Friends With Benefits, during which time Adele also set up a pick and mix bar.


We were kindly sent a selection of American sweets and popcorn from Candy Hero to try over the weekend, so we filled up our paper bags and settled down in front of the TV for the night, only moving to go to the loo or pick up more sweets.


Eating flying saucers really took me back to my childhood!


I woke up about half 10 on Sunday morning, an hour later than everyone else, naturally. When I got downstairs the other bloggers were all eating breakfast, so I joined in with some toast and orange juice.

After we were all cleared up, we decided to make a banoffee pie in a jar each, which was really easy yet very photogenic. I'm probably going to post a recipe on it soon - but I will tell you that I ate mine tonight and it was delicious.


Adele then cooked us an incredible roast dinner, which was lovely as it is something I don't eat that much of any more, due to being at university. The roast potatoes and yorkshire puddings were especially great.


Full and sleepy after dinner, we sat around in the dining room and chatted for a while about our lives and all things bloggy. It was lovely to spend some quality time with the other girls and get to know them, as you don't generally get that much time to talk to each individual person at a blogging event.


After an hour or so of procrastinating, we decided to make a couple of lip balms each using the Sweet Cecily's make your own kits. I have come across Sweet Cecily's in the past and have always wanted to try more of their products due to all of the skincare being handmade and never tested on animals. We received the make your own lip balm kits in mojito and Christmas cookie, and they were both really easy to make, by heating the ingredients up on the hob. The mojito lip balm smells like mint and lime, and the Christmas cookie smells like Yankee Candle's Christmas Cookie candle - one of my favourite scents this time of year.


We then watched X FactorPitch Perfect and Pitch Perfect 2 (we all agreed that the second is better than the first). Adele set up a hot chocolate bar, using Choc Shots, squeezy tubes of chocolate that can be used for hot chocolate, in milkshakes, yoghurts, porridge - anything you would like to use it for, really. The hot chocolates were really creamy and the marshmallows and extra chocolate just made them even better.


So all-in-all I had a very chilled weekend that mainly consisted of food and sleeping, which was perfect. I would like to say a huge thank you to Sykes Cottages for having us, and to Adele and Kirsty for organising it - we all had such a good time! I really enjoyed catching up with you all, and meeting Laura, Ami and Sara-Jayne. We will definitely all have to meet up again soon.

PS If you want to be nosy, here is my post from yesterday with photos of the house... :)
All the advice in the world will not help you until you help yourself.
                         - Fred Van Amburgh



No comments:

Post a Comment