Monday, 30 November 2015

The Cheshire Cat


Apologies for the lack of post last night, I was so tired when I got back to Liverpool and almost went straight to sleep after tidying my room and reading for a bit.

Yesterday we visited Chester to meet my sister Katie there, as it is her birthday today. We had a wander around the shops and the Christmas market, which is nowhere near as big as Birmingham but has different stalls and is definitely worth a visit. We ended up buying loads of Cheddar cheese for Christmas time!


Chester is such a lovely city to visit - there is lots of interesting architecture and lots of high street and independent shops to explore, as well as the more historical parts of the city.


The Cheshire Cat, Whitchurch Road, Christleton, Chester, CH3 6AE

Afterwards we went to The Cheshire Cat, a pub just outside of Chester in a village called Christleton, and part of the Vintage Inns chain.


The pub has a lovely menu of typical homemade British pub food, but a little more gourmet than your standard fish and chips. I had the garlic mushrooms with garlic bread to start, but also pinched some of Mum and Dad's camembert - which tasted delicious, especially with the chutney on top.


Their Christmas decorations were lovely and rustic, just like the decor in the pub.


I then had the butternut squash and stilton tart, and apart from a little mix-up in the kitchen meaning that it came a bit later than the rest of the food, it tasted really good and was really filling. I would also very much recommend their mash potato - very creamy.


And, of course, I saved room for pudding. I had the peanut butter and chocolate cheesecake, which was so rich but delicious.

I had such a lovely day with my family and was very stuffed after our meal at The Cheshire Cat. It is actually Katie's birthday today so I'd like to wish her a happy 20th birthday - I can't wait to celebrate with you next weekend! (PS stop growing up).
Someday, everything will make perfect sense. So for now, laugh at the confusion, smile through the tears, and keep reminding yourself that everything happens for a reason.



No comments:

Post a Comment