Sunday, 13 December 2015

Be kind to yourself

Recently I have been working on being kinder to myself. On not blaming myself for events out of my control. To do what I want to do and treat myself when I feel like I need it.

And you know what? I feel so much happier for it. I feel more free and able to make my own choices, I am discovering so much more about myself and allowing my true personality to show. And because of that I feel closer to my friends and those around me, as I am really letting go and showing them who I am. For once in my life I'm not afraid to be the real (silly, giggly, nerdy) Hannah, which is an incredible feeling as I'm usually so worried about what others think of me. I shouldn't feel bad for who I am, and I'm allowed to sing and dance around the house as much as I like (much to my housemates' bemusement).

Today I have snuggled in bed and watched movies for the majority of the time, which is just what I needed. I even watched a Christmassy film about Rudolph which obviously made me feel even better. And, for once, I didn't feel guilty for not going out or doing any work. It's a Sunday, it's nearly Christmas, and I needed a weekend off as so much has been going on recently - I feel so much more prepared for my last week on placement now I'm rested and relaxed.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that we should all be kinder to ourselves. We should all listen to what our bodies need, and allow ourselves to stop working once in a while, whilst always being ourselves. One of my favourite things to do is to sit and read a good book for most of the day, so I'm looking forward to being able to do this over Christmas. With a bulk load of chocolate by my side, of course!
Don't hold together what must fall apart. The familiar crumbles so the new life can begin.
                - Bryant McGill
#projectsmile



1 comment:

  1. It helps doesn't it? I have trying to let myself relax on my days off and not feel bad for not doing anything!

    xx

    ReplyDelete