Monday, 7 December 2015

Our household Christmas meal


Tonight was our annual household Christmas meal, as a couple of my housemates are leaving at the weekend for the Christmas holidays. We all sat down for Asda make-your-own pizzas, along with crackers and a festive candle on, telling the silly cracker jokes and wearing our paper hats. After we had stuffed our bellies full, we gave each other our Secret Santa presents - I had a lovely mermaid-coloured nail varnish from Eva.

We decided that after food, we would go ice skating at the Liverpool ONE ice rink (perhaps not such a good idea with a full belly of pizza). It took me a while to get back into the rhythm of it - ice skating is such an unnatural and alien feeling - and even then, my housemate Kelly and I were clinging onto each other for dear life most of the way around the rink (and pulled each other over a couple of times... we both ended up with wet bottoms).

I had a really lovely evening with my housemates, and it was finished off with watching a Christmas film with a glass of wine. I wasn't feeling that great this morning so it was good to be cheered up with good food, great company, and a bit of exercise on the ice.
Failure is a bruise, not a tattoo.
                        - Jon Sinclair



No comments:

Post a Comment