Monday, 14 December 2015

The most important thing in life

You know, I write about clothes and Netflix and beauty products, but it's days like today when you really realise that none of that matters - nice to have but completely disposable. Today I found out that one of my family members is ill, and that completely knocked everything into perspective for me.

What is the most important thing in life? Well I suppose that's a very subjective question, but for me, like many others, it is my loved ones. My family and friends are what keep me going; they keep my world turning and keep me on a steady path. I truly wouldn't be where I am today without them - I could never have kept up with a long 16 week slog of a term or battled through my depression if I was on my own.

When it really comes down to it, it is the people around you that make life special. Humans are sociable creatures that thrive on the company and love of others, and I am incredibly lucky to have an incredible group of people around me.

Anyway, Netflix and chocolate may not be important, but they sure do help to make you feel better. I'm off to bed with a good film, a huge mug of hot chocolate, and a big slice of thankfulness for the amazing people I have around me.
When life is sweet, say thank you and celebrate. When life is bitter, say thank you and grow.
                - Shauna Niequist
#projectsmile



1 comment:

  1. Hi Hannah, I can't thank you enough for writing this blog. I'm suffered from depression over a term now and I don't know if the medication is working. You already wrote everything I'm experiencing. I'm a 5th year vet student (I think you can relate to the school environment). I really appreciate and admire the your effort, you're genuinely honest and I feel the positive vibes and understanding that we're not alone even in the dark time. It's very hard for me because I don't really have a support. However, I would like to know how you deal with the decision of staying in school and pursue a medical career. This is the most difficult question for me now as lately I seriously consider to quit, I was very determined to get in and I've done pretty fine during years though.

    Anyway, I just would like to say that you reach out to someone who's very desperate and lives half the world away (me) through your blog and it's so amazing! I'll take time to happily read through your posts, also your photos are so cute and beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete