Thursday, 7 January 2016

6 things that have made me happy today #3

1) Coming home
This evening I travelled home to spend the weekend with my family (and mainly to pick up underwear and towels, because I forgot them last weekend. Whoops).

2) Listening to Justin Bieber and Scouting for Girls on the train home.
Sometimes cheese is best.

3) Seeing my dogs
A doggy cuddle never fails to cheer me up. Even when Bruce jumps on my head, which happens every time I come home.

4) Reading
I'm currently reading Christmas on Primrose Hill by Karen Swan and am about a third of the way through. It's written really well but also an easy read, and is the sort of thing that is enjoyable to pick up any time of the day. I've been reading it every evening before I go to sleep.

5) Seeing a man at the train station wearing a Christmas hat.
This really made me smile - it's nice to still have some festive cheer in January!

6) My medical placement
I'm currently on palliative care (care for dying people), which sounds like it could be really morbid but I am actually enjoying it so far. The hospice I'm based in is lovely and all of the staff there are so friendly. I will also get to take part in relaxation therapy, which I'm not going to lie, I'm definitely looking forward to falling asleep in a dark room during placement!
Prove yourself to yourself, not others.
#projectsmile



1 comment:

  1. Haha, I left all my clothes at home before... had to do an urgent online underwear shop! I love thinking about the little things that make me smile, there's quite a lot of good out there :)
    Jennifer X
    Ginevrella | Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete