Thursday, 21 January 2016

You only live once

I have spent the last 3 weeks in placement on palliative care. Palliative care is the specialty that people get referred to when they are nearing the end of life; when treatment is no longer curative, but instead aimed at helping control their symptoms.

Palliative care has really opened my eyes to the fact that you only live once. I have met some patients as young as 26 years old that are entering the last couple of months of their life. 26 is only 4 years away for me, and I found that terrifying.

It made me realise that you only live once. You should live every day as though it's your last, because actually, it could be. You never know what's around the corner.

Tell your loved ones how much they mean to you. Tick off some of the things on your bucket list. Take that opportunity. Travel while you can. Run while you can. Laugh while you can. Stop worrying about things that are out of your control. Strive to make your dreams come true. Create lots of memories.

Make sure you look back on your life with happiness.
The only limits in life are the ones you make.



No comments:

Post a Comment