Monday, 8 February 2016

6 things that have made me happy today #4

1) WHSmith's £1 lunch
If you don't know already, O2 Priority do a deal where you can get a £1 meal deal from places like Boots and WHSmith on a Monday. So today, in hospital, my friends and I went along to buy our sandwich from WHSmith (which we had been looking forward to all morning) but when we got there, the sandwich man hadn't arrived yet with the sandwich selection. Worst. News. Ever. Anyway we waited around for 20 minutes and then had to refrain ourselves from jumping on the guy when he turned up with the sandwich trolley. I had a cheddar cheese ploughman's - great choice.

2) Having a productive day in hospital
I don't always feel like I have productive days when I'm on placement, as sometimes medical students can feel like a bit of a loose part, but today I felt good about my day. I spoke to a couple of lovely patients, did a couple of examinations, and got some studying done too.

3) Napping
I had such a great nap when I got back in from hospital today, and I felt like I deserved it as I'd had such a productive day. Putting pyjamas and getting into bed is often the best part of my day. Yes, my life is that exciting.

4) Nutella on pitta bread
Sounds like a really weird combination, but dipping a warm pitta bread into a full jar of Nutella makes a great snack (or evening meal in my case, as I didn't wake up until about 8.30pm...).

5) Watching YouTube
I have really got into watching YouTube at the moment, but am particularly enjoying Joe Sugg and Caspar Lee's videos - they are hilarious together and have a similar silly humour to my own. If you need a bit of a pick-me-up, watch a couple of their videos.

6) The knowledge that I can have a lie-in tomorrow morning
Tomorrow is a day off, so my housemates know not to expect to see me until at least 2pm. I love sleep.
As long as you know who you are and what makes you happy, it doesn't matter how others see you.



No comments:

Post a Comment