Tuesday, 16 February 2016

February Birchbox

As I mentioned a few weeks ago, I ordered my first ever beauty box this month, in the form of a Birchbox, as I managed to get it half price. My box arrived a few days ago and I have been testing out the products since then, so I thought I would give you a round-up of what I received.


Doux me Comforting Face Mask & Exfoliator (RRP £18)
I have been using this as an exfoliating cleanser at night to take my face make-up off, massaging into damp skin before rinsing it off. I have found that it leaves my skin really soft and smooth afterwards, but isn't too harsh as the exfoliating beads are very small. It also has a really subtle scent of what reminds me of marzipan, although it is supposed to contain apricot oil, chamomile and marshmallow extracts. This can also be used as a face mask - it's one of my favourite items I received and I will definitely be purchasing again!

Spectrum Collections Tapered Powder Brush (RRP £7.99)
I have wanted a Spectrum brush for soooo long. Seeing that every Birchbox had one of these beauties in may have swayed me towards buying it... I mean, just look at how beautiful it is! The bristles are so soft yet firm, which means that applying powder is so easy and you don't need much product. I have been using this for my bronzer and highlighter, and am also planning to have a go at using it to contour my cheekbones when I next go on a night out.

LOC One and Done Shadow Stick in Champagne Problems (RRP £8)
Birchbox have recently released their own line of make-up, called Love of Colour (LOC), and each February box contains one of their full-sized eye shadow sticks, in either Champagne Problems (silvery-gold) or Perfect Cents (gold) - of which you get to choose your preference in colour. I chose Champagne Problems and think it will be perfect for a subtle smokey eye. Due to its creamy texture it is long-lasting and easy to apply.



Cochine Water Hyacinth & Lime Blossom Body Lotion (RRP £19)
I didn't really expect to be that impressed with this product, as I'm not normally a huge fan of body lotions, but I have been using this as hand cream and have been really loving it. It smells absolutely gorgeous (I love anything floral) and makes my hands feel really soft. It would also be a great body lotion if you weren't lazy like me and could never be bothered to moisturise...

L. Erickson Grab & Go Ponytail Holder (RRP £11.50 for 15)
This hair bobble contains no metal and doesn't snag your hair, which is fairly useful. But I'm not really swayed on the price - if I want to put my hair up I'll just grab a set of 20 bobbles for £1 from Primark, thank you very much. I guess if you're looking for a high-quality hair bobble that is unlikely to snap, then this is for you.

Number 4 Lumiere d'Hiver Super Comb Prep & Protect (RRP £20)
This product is designed to be sprayed through towel-dried hair and then combed through. It claims to strengthen and repair hair, as well as de-tangling and taming flyaways. I have to admit that I haven't yet used this (partly due to the fact that I only wash my hair a couple of times a week), but the reviews on the Birchbox website are good. Many people have said that it really helps to combat tangles in the hair, and leaves it feeling really smooth. I will let you know if my results are any different to this.

I really enjoyed receiving my Birchbox through the post and will probably keep my subscription going for another couple of months to see what products I receive. You can still get your first Birchbox for £6.47 including postage by using the code HAPPYDAYS, plus if you go through this link you get an extra £5 worth of points to spend in the Birchbox shop. I will probably be spending mine on more Spectrum brushes!

Let me know if you like this kind of post, and I will try and get more up for you. Today has just been spent sleeping, working and eating Mini Eggs, so a beauty post seemed a little more exciting than commenting on my activities for the day!
Far too many people are looking for the right person, instead of trying to be the right person.
                               - Gloria Steinem



1 comment:

  1. I'm moving around far too much at the moment to make subscription boxes work for me, but I'll certainly think about them when I'm a bit more settled after the summer! Birchbox looks like a great one to try out :)
    Jennifer x
    Ginevrella | Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete