Tuesday, 23 February 2016

Fentimans Sparkling Lime and Jasmine



When I first opened today's parcel and saw this letter at the top, I thought that I was finally being invited to attend Hogwarts.

Sadly, this wasn't quite true. When I opened it I revealed that I had been sent the new drink from Fentimans - their Sparkling Lime and Jasmine soft drink*.

Fentimans is a company that I have been familiar with for a while - they have been producing botanically brewed beverages for over 100 years, and to me have always seemed like high-class soft drinks that are often sold in places like National Trust cafes or quirky restaurants. I have tried their Rose Lemonade in the past (which is delicious), so I was intrigued to taste their new offering.



One of the things I love about Fentimans products are their glass bottles. I think they would look so pretty on a mantle piece with some flowers in them, or perhaps as a candle holder. And the Sparkling Lime and Jasmine drink didn't disappoint - it had a lovely bright green colour that is perfect for spring and summer.

My housemate and I decided that we would try the drink with our lunch, but we had to put it in wine glasses as it seemed too posh for a regular tumbler. We felt quite sophisticated sipping from a wine glass in the middle of the day! I really enjoyed the taste of Sparkling Lime and Jasmine - you could especially taste the lime, which had a sharp but not unpleasant aftertaste, and the jasmine added a softer edge. I felt it was really refreshing and would be a great summer drink, and a good alternative to alcohol. I probably prefer the taste of Rose Lemonade, but that is just personal preference as I like sweet flavoured drinks - and I would be intrigued to try Fentimans' Wild English Elderflower or their Mandarin and Seville Orange Jigger too.

But I'll tell you one thing - it certainly tastes a lot better than butter beer!

Fentimans Sparkling Lime and Jasmine drink was on sale from 8th February this year (look out for it in a National Trust cafe near you!).
To make a difference in someone's life you don't have to be brilliant, rich, beautiful, or perfect. You just have to care.
              - Mandy Hale



No comments:

Post a Comment