I have a bit of a funny relationship with my eyebrows - they have always been very thick, which I hated when I was younger, so I ended up plucking them really thin a few years ago. Since then I have been growing them back and they were getting a little wild over the past couple of months. I've only ever had them professionally waxed once in the past, and otherwise just pluck them myself as and when I can be bothered. So when Phoebe at Chic PR contacted me asking if I would like to get some HD brows done to review on my blog, I couldn't really turn it down.
I had to do some research into what HD brows actually were before I went along to my appointment today, as I had heard of them but never really realised exactly what happened during a consultation. Basically, it is a service tailored to your individual brows, that helps transform them to look thicker yet tidier.
HD brows has 7 steps:
1) Assessment - In this step, the stylist assesses what sort of eyebrows you should have for your face shape, and makes a plan about how they will style your brows.
2) Tinting - An eyebrow tint is applied to the rough shape of your eyebrows to dye them a slightly darker colour.
3) Waxing - This is the main part of the consultation, where your eyebrows are waxed into the shape that you would like them.
4) Trimming - The eyebrows are trimmed slightly at the top to make them neater.
5) Threading - This step helps blend your brows, so that you don't have any harsh lines from them being waxed.
6) Tweezing - Any rogue hairs are removed with tweezers.
7) Completion - The eyebrows are filled in with make-up, and the stylist will usually give you some tips to keep them neat.
I had my eyebrows done by the lovely Kate from The Brow Club, who is based at The Secret Warehouse in Liverpool. She is big on quality and is a bit of a perfectionist, so you know you are guaranteed to come away with beautiful eyebrows if you visit her. She was really chatty and told me all about the Law of Attraction, which I found really interesting, especially in regards to my mental health.
Kate charges £25 to have HD brows done, and the appointment lasts around 45 minutes to an hour. You can contact her via Twitter or Instagram.
So here are my before and after pictures of my eyebrows...!*
*Hoping you can tell which is before, and which is after...
If you look through Kate's Instagram photos, you'll see that she transforms even the thinnest of brows. I would definitely recommend a visit.
If you would like to make an appointment with Kate, you can contact her via social media, phone 07796520229, or book online here.
It's such a cliche, but... #browsonfleek (cringe).
Do what you have to do until you can do what you want to do.
- Oprah Winfrey