Monday, 22 February 2016

People can really affect your mood

It may sound obvious, but please be aware that your words and actions can really affect how people feel.

I have had a little bit of a wobble today due to a couple of things that have been said to me, probably not meaning to hurt me. But I really think it's worth taking a moment to think before you say something to someone - it has been shown that emotional pain can be as bad as physical pain, and they both affect the same areas in the brain.

It is frustrating that the actions of others can affect my mood so much, but I guess that's just a normal part of human life. The words and actions today made me feel inadequate, like I am not good enough for those people. When really I know that I have a lot to give. I also don't think it helped today that I was really tired, and it was straight back to reality after being in Disneyland for the past few days.

However, I also had an overwhelming emotion of strength today. I know I can push through and get through this little blip. The people in my life that make me feel good are the people that are supposed to be there. Those that hurt me or make me feel bad don't matter. I have some amazing people around me and that's what matters at the end of the day - they are the ones that will stick around no matter what.
My heart is at ease knowing that, what was meant for me will never miss me, and what misses me was never meant for me.



2 comments:

  1. You're so amazing Hannah, I check your blog every day to see your new posts, I think it's incredible that you post so often!

    Kate xxxx
    The Medic Journal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally agree Hannah. Sometimes even being around or in the same environment as toxic people can really dampen my mood x

    www.ibelieveinromeo.com

    ReplyDelete