Wednesday, 2 March 2016

6 things that have made me happy today #5

1) Catching up with friends
This evening my housemate and I invited a couple of our uni friends over for tea. I hadn't seen them properly for aaaages, so it was lovely to sit and catch up with them properly this evening.

2) Costa and Pets At Home
Today my hospital partner and I had a couple of hours to kill around lunch time, so we decided to visit a local retail park. We ended up in Pets At Home, spending ages looking at all of the little animals, including the ones that needed re-homing. I almost brought a speckled rabbit back with me. I'm sure my housemates would have been very pleased with that. We also spent an hour or so in Costa discussing our summer plans and life in general. Try Costa's hot chocolate with ginger syrup in - it is amazing.

3) An evening nap
This is a regular (okay, daily) occurrence for me, but I am so happy when I can get into bed in the evening under my fluffy blanket and have a nap. Napping is literally the highlight of my daily life at the moment.

4) My psychiatry placement
As you know, I have a real interest in mental health, so I find psychiatry fascinating. I sat in on a couple of patient reviews this morning and was so interested about why certain people suffer with mental illnesses. Psychiatry is definitely a career that I would consider in the future.

5) Catching up on TV programmes
When I got in from hospital, I spent a couple of hours catching up on Pretty Little Liars and Ex on the Beach. I think it's so important to take time out from medicine, and studying in general, to do the little things in life that make you happy.

6) New lipstick
At lunchtime I also popped into Boots for some concealer. They didn't have the concealer I wanted but I did come away with new foundation, mascara and a lipstick. The lipstick is Number 48 from Kate Moss' Rimmel nudes range, and is a dark brown colour - very 90's. I'm excited to wear it at the weekend.

I found it quite difficult to think of 6 things today, as my life is very boring at the moment, but I feel like number 2 counts for like 3 different things that make me happy, so that's okay!
If it doesn't add to your life, it doesn't belong in your life.



1 comment:

  1. Love the idea of Costa and Pets at Home in the middle of the day - I wish my hospital was close to one! I'm glad you're enjoying your psychiatry placement - I also find it absolutely fascinating :)
    Jennifer x
    Ginevrella | Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete