Sunday, 10 April 2016

An interview with Fogbank Photography

Fogbank Photography Roxy Ewence

If you've been a reader of mine for a while, you will know that I love photography. And so does my best friend, Roxy - so I was delighted when she set up Fogbank Photography as her photos are amazing and should be shown off. I asked her if I could ask her a few questions about it, so here is our interview...


1) Why did you choose the name Fogbank Photography?
I chose the name Fogbank Photography because of my love for San Francisco, and one of the amazing natural occurrences of San Francisco is the rolling fogbanks that come in over the ocean.

2) How long have you been taking photos for?
I've been taking photographs since I was old enough to hold a camera! I was fascinated by photography at a young age, I was always the one taking the photos at family do's or during vacations



3) What camera do you use? I currently use the Sony a58 - I had it as a 21st birthday present and have slowly built up my collection of lenses and other accessories, it's a fantastic camera and would definitely recommend it. 

4) Do you edit your photos? I like to look at a photo and remember the scene exactly as the photo shows, because of this I tend to steer away from editing. But don't get me wrong, on occasion I have felt that brightening the image would be good for the photo as it would bring out more detail, but it just depends on the individual photo. 



5) What is it that you like about photography? Photography is fantastic, it's the art of freezing a moment in time forever, and you never know what you are going to capture. There are so many subjects and methods of photography you can toy with and perfect over the years - it's impossible to get bored.
6) What is your favourite subject to take photos of?
My favourite photography subjects would have to be landscapes and seascapes, I love to travel, and capturing the terrain and ocean views of all the locations is simply spectacular. 



7) What would be your dream with regards to the future of your photography? I would love to be a full-time professional photographer in the future, I'd love to own my own gallery and to be recognised in the field of photography. 

8) What one piece of advice would you give to aspiring photographers? Stick with it! Photography is an incredibly popular field, to stand out you need to promote yourself to as many people as possible, keep taking photos and stay positive… your big break could be just around the corner!



If you would like to see more of Roxy's photos you can find her on Instagram @fogbankphotography. You can also contact her via email on fogbank.photography@gmail.com for prices and general information.

All photos contained in this post belong to Roxy Ewence from Fogbank Photography.
There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living.
                   - Nelson Mandela



No comments:

Post a Comment