Monday, 4 April 2016

The Moon & Pea

Today, after our exam this morning, my friend Neala and I decided to reward ourselves by going out for lunch.


The Moon and Pea, 64 Lark Lane, Aigburth, Liverpool, L17 8UU

We decided to go to The Moon & Pea, a bistro situated on Lark Lane near Sefton Park. I love it because it has really quirky decor inside, with mismatched furniture and vintage decor, and there are always some fresh flowers on the table - this time they were daffodils.

The menu consists of breakfast, burgers, sandwiches and platters, as well as a few choices like fish and chips. Myself and Neala both went for burgers as they are always incredible - I had the cajun veggie burger with goats cheese, and it was so good. And the chips are really thick and tasty too. This is probably the best burger I've had in Liverpool (and I've sampled a lot of burgers) - on a par with NoLIta Cantina's.


I couldn't go to a bistro without sampling some pudding, and after consulting the extensive menu, I decided on the coffee and walnut cake. It was delicious, and I had some serious admiration for the plate it was served on.

The Moon & Pea also have a huge menu of coffees and hot chocolates - I have heard that their hot chocolates are amazing, so I will definitely be going back soon to try one.

This is definitely a restaurant that I would recommend visiting if you're in the area! And Lark Lane is a great place to explore too, with its old buildings and quirky vintage shops. We had a little wander around the street, as well as Sefton Park, as the weather was so lovely.

PS apologies for the rubbish phone photos - I didn't lug my big camera along with me!
If it's still in your mind, it is worth taking the risk.



No comments:

Post a Comment