Thursday, 14 April 2016

The weather and mental health


It has been proven that good weather can have a positive effect on your mental health. A lot of people have a diagnosis of SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder), meaning that they feel down during the darker months due to the lack of sunlight, and often feel so much better when it is brighter outside. I also notice a huge difference in my mood, as do many of my friends that don't have a mental illness. Everyone seems so much happier when the sun is shining and the evenings are lighter - plus it makes you want to get outside more, which adds to the positive effects.

The weather has been much better recently, and I have spent many afternoons lying on my bed next to my window, reading a good book or listening to music. I think it's one of the activities that makes me happiest. I've also been looking through photos from last summer and it's made me very excited for the months ahead - I just love feeling the warmth on my skin and being able to go out without thinking about taking a huge coat.

Roll on summer, I think it will make a lot of us much happier!
We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public.



No comments:

Post a Comment