Thursday, 5 May 2016

6 things that have made me happy today #8

1) An hour's nap in the library
I am a chronic napper, and that includes in (sort of) public places. Our hospital library is the perfect place to nap because there are some fairly private desks, and the heavy text books provide adequate pillows. Sometimes I need an hour of sleep to be able to get through the rest of the day, and I felt much better when I woke up!

2) The Secret Life of Puppies
This evening I watched The Secret Life of Puppies on Channel 5, and it made me so happy. Especially the bassett hound puppy - his ears were so long that he was nearly tripping over them!

3) Curry
I love a good curry, and tonight I made a vegetable curry with tikka masala sauce. Delicious.

4) YouTube videos
I always take to YouTube when I have a bit of down time, and love to catch up with certain YouTubers - especially Thatcher Joe and Marcus Butler. They both never fail to make me laugh!

5) Clinical skills
This afternoon in hospital I got to practise my medical clinical skills, such as cannulation and wound care. It consolidated my knowledge and was actually quite fun to practise on the plastic models for a couple of hours. Clinical skills and taking a history/examining a patient are the most exciting part of medicine, and make me feel like I may actually be a doctor one day.

6) Getting into bed
I've got to say, the best part of today has to have been getting into bed. I've been looking forward to it all day - is that sad?!
Worrying doesn't take away tomorrow's troubles; it takes away today's peace.



1 comment:

  1. Awww I love reading these types of posts! One thing that's made me super happy today is reading funny autocorrects. I've been doing some pretty loud LOLs at work today!

    Have a lovely weekend!

    Emma xx

    www.thereisnow.co.uk

    ReplyDelete