Monday, 27 June 2016

Day 2: Hong Kong > Fiji

I'm 100% sure whether it's day 2 or 3 now as we've been travelling for over 40 hours, but I'm in Fiji!!!

Our first stop is in Labasa, which is in the north of Vanua Levu, the second largest island that makes up Fiji. Tomorrow we start our hospital placement, which I am a bit nervous about. I'm supposed to be on the paediatrics ward but I have no idea what I I'll be doing or how much responsibility I will have.

It's so warm here - we're 11 hours ahead of the UK so it's currently 7.30pm and still 26 degrees with a very high humidity level. Fiji is absolutely beautiful and I can see myself falling in love with it; it is much greener than I expected and I loved seeing all of the tiny islands as we flew over them.

We are very very tired so will probably be going to sleep soon, so wish me luck for tomorrow!

Hannah x

1 comment:

  1. The time difference has thrown me, but good luck for today/tomorrow/rest of elective essentially! I hope it's good fun as well as a fabulous learning experience.
    Jennifer x
    Ginevrella | Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete