Sunday, 5 June 2016

Grandma's Sunday dinner


There's just something about a grandmother's Sunday dinner that is extra special. Whether it's years of experience, I'm not sure, but it always tastes amazing.

My parents have gone away for a couple of days, so my youngest sister and I went to my grandparents' house for lunch. Grandma's Sunday dinners are always great - especially her carrots and roast potatoes! Plus she always has a homemade fruit crumble ready for us, with plenty of custard to go round.

My grandparents' garden is the perfect place to spend a sunny Sunday afternoon, so we sat there and chatted for a while, before my sister and I had to come home to feed the dogs and do some revision. We also watched The Emperor's New Groove, which I haven't seen for years - I'd forgotten how funny it was!
Happiness is letting go of what you think your life is supposed to look like and celebrating it for everything that it is.
                       - Mandy Hale



1 comment:

  1. I think a roast dinner is the best when you haven't had one in a long time :) we used to have them every Sunday at home and I got bored of them, but as soon as we didn't have one for a while and I had one randomly it would be the best thing ever :D

    Katie
    www.katiehodgkinson.com

    ReplyDelete