Friday, 17 June 2016

How to Find Your (First) Husband by Rosie Blake

How to Find Your (First) Husband Rosie Blake


A few weeks ago I was asked whether I would like to receive the new book by Rosie Blake, and after looking at the blurb online I agreed as it sounded right up my street. I love reading, and I especially love reading girly books that are set all over the world, so How to Find Your (First) Husband looked perfect for me.

How to Find Your (First) Husband Rosie Blake Review

How to Find Your (First) Husband follows the story of Isobel Graves as she tries to find love and her purpose in life. The story starts off in LA, where Isobel is determined to make it as a TV presenter, but instead is stuck dressed as a prawn, handing out fliers to promote a fish market. She is originally from England, and catches sight of Andrew Parker, her childhood sweetheart, on TV - so decides to go back to her hometown and find him. Isobel travels from LA to Devon, and then to a small Malaysian island to find true love.


This book is the perfect summer holiday read, with some amazing settings with descriptions that take you to paradise. Isobel can get slightly annoying at points, but I think that makes her much more relatable and endearing. Rosie's writing reminds me of authors such as Lindsey Kelk, with a romantic yet humorous twist that makes all of the characters seem real and extremely likeable. This book also really made me want to visit Malaysia!

Rosie Blake has previously written two more books, and I think I'm going to have to purchase them as I enjoyed this one so much. She is a clever, funny and relatable author that I am looking forward to seeing more of in the future.
Don't miss out on something that could be amazing just because it could also be difficult.



2 comments:

  1. This book sounds right up my street - thanks for the recommendation! I'm actually going on holiday on Saturday so this will be perfect. Thank you!

    Suitcase and Sandals Blog XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks just like the kind of book I would love :) thanks!

    moremindfulyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete