Saturday, 30 July 2016

Camel ride


We arrived in Airlie Beach just after 9am this morning and, after dropping our bags off at our hostel, we decided to have an explore of the town. We noticed that there was a market on next to the beach this morning so we had a wander around, and I bought a sarong and a toe ring, as well as some egg fried rice for lunch.


And then we came across the camels. On Airlie Beach, of all places. We were told that it would be $10 for a ride, and neither of us had ever ridden a camel before, so of course we had to have a go!


It was actually a lot scarier than I thought it would be - it felt really rocky and unsteady the whole way, and on my video I filmed we are just laughing the whole time. Our camel was called Big Red and he was actually really lovely and soft. They all seemed to like being fussed and had a really gentle nature.


The rest of the day was spent in the pool and napping. Airlie is a really nice beach town with lots of cool little shops and cafes. The area around the harbour is beautiful, and the weather is amazing.

We're doing a skydive in the morning (woop!) so I'm going to get an early night as we've got to be up at 6am. I hope you have a lovely Saturday!

Hannah x

1 comment:

  1. Aww! I have ridden a camel before, but it was years ago in Tunisia. I enjoyed it, but I much prefer riding horses! I'm SO impressed that you're doing another sky dive!
    Jennifer x
    Ginevrella | Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete