Thursday, 28 July 2016

Fraser Island








I've been a bit AWOL the last couple of days because I've been visiting Fraser Island, which did not have any phone signal, let alone any WiFi!

Fraser Island is the largest sand island in the world and is situated just off the east coast of Australia. We were on a tag along tour, which meant that we had three 4x4 cars that we got to drive along the sand, which was so much fun. Very similar to on snow!

We spent three days on the islamd, seeing all of the different attractions. Fraser has quite a few fresh water lakes and streams that you can swim in, as you can't swim in the sea due to sharks.
The photographs above are of Lake McKenzie, a pure rainwater perched lake formed atop of layers of sand and dead vegetation amassed over thousand of years.

We did lots of swimming and sunbathing, and partying in the evenings (except last night when a nap turned into a 10 hour sleep...). I had such a great time and it was nice to be away from civilisation for a few days with some amazing people. We also saw lots of whales and dolphins, plus a dingo, which was a huge bonus.

We're off to Airlie Beach tomorrow, and are skydiving over the weekend which I am extremely excited for!

Hannah x

2 comments:

  1. I'm currently travelling/living in Australia, but I did my East Coast trip last year and all your posts are making me super jealous, haha! Fraser Island and the Whitsundays (especially) are the most beautiful places up the East Coast - those white white sandy beaches though! Who did you do your Fraser tour with?

    Katie
    www.katiehodgkinson.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Katie, I loved the East Coast so much! I did my Fraser tour with Nomads :) xx

      Delete