Sunday, 31 July 2016

I jumped out of a plane... again

After completing a skydive last April with my dad back in England, I was hooked.

So when I was given the chance to do another one in Australia of course I said yes, and quickly handed over my debit card without thinking too much about it.

So this morning I found myself at 14,000 feet above Airlie Beach, about to free fall out of an aeroplane with a stranger strapped to my back. And it was absolutely incredible.

The views were amazing - we jumped over the ocean and the Whitsunday islands, and landed in a field in Airlie Beach. I have to say that the views back at home didn't even compare, and the weather wasn't half as good (although I think my first jump will always be very special, especially as I did it at the same time as my dad).

I was filled with adrenaline afterwards, which made me both hungry and sleepy, so when we got back I ate pizza in bed and promptly fell asleep, before waking up at about 5.30pm. to be honest it was a pretty great day!

Tomorrow I am going sailing on a boat to the Whitsundays for a couple of days, so I don't think I will have WiFi to post on my blog. But expect lots of photos of beautiful beaches and turquoise ocean in a few days!

Hannah x

1 comment:

  1. The skydive was definitely one of the most amazing things I did, despite the fact that it was the shortest, ha! A lot of people opted for beach landings, but I was just happy to do a skydive to be fair - my view was nothing short of incredible without the beach :) have an AMAZING time on the Whitsundays, it was by FAR, my favourite thing to do up the East Coast!

    Katie
    www.katiehodgkinson.com

    ReplyDelete