Thursday, 7 July 2016

Snorkelling


I have had such a great day today, and most of it has been spent relaxing as the weather has been so lovely. I slept well, except when I was woke up by a huge thud in the middle of the night. One of my dorm mates had fallen off the top bunk! He groaned a bit, then promptly fell back asleep on the floor - and doesn't remember anything about it today, but has the bruises to show for it.




This morning I went out on a boat with some of the other people staying here and snorkelled in the reef just off Beachouse's beach. There were some amazing fish of all different colours, and it was great to see some coral. The water here is crystal clear so I got some good videos of the sea life with my underwater camera.


This was only my 2nd time snorkelling ever, and I really enjoyed myself. Although I got cramp in my foot, had to take my flipper off, and then drifted really far away... let's say I'm not the most accomplished snorkeller.



The rest of the day has been spent sunbathing and sleeping, and also eating this incredible veggie burger. The food at the Beachouse is amazing!



I now have a very red and sore back - travelling by yourself is difficult as you don't have anyone to apply suncream to your back for you! I'm meeting up with the other two girls again on Saturday, which will be really good to see them again.


And I'll leave it here with some photos of me hanging around (you don't want to know how long it took me to stand up - very inelegant).

Hannah x

1 comment:

  1. It looks absolutely amazing out there!! I desperately want to go to Fiji now :D
    Jennifer x
    Ginverella | Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete