Sunday, 3 July 2016

Tavoro falls


Today we went on a trip from the hotel to Tavoro falls, to the south of Taveuni. Tavoro falls is made up of 3 different waterfalls, with a good hike between them.


We must have hiked for a couple of hours, and it really made me realise how unfit I was... The first ascent was really difficult (I have never looked so bad in my life), but was worth it when we saw the view from the top.

The waterfalls were incredible - we had a swim in them and it made me realise how lucky I am to be here, as it's definitely the best thing we've done since arriving in Fiji. The water was really refreshing after a long sweaty hike in the heat, and stepping in mud as it rained for a while when we were walking.





The worst part was seeing a huge spider in a rock near the waterfall, and then it jumped towards us in the water. I wish someone had recorded our faces - it would have been hilarious to watch back! I was very wary of spiders and snakes in the forest after that.



I'm now sitting near the pool eating pizza and fries, with a really lovely warm breeze blowing through the trees. I'm staying in Taveuni for another couple of days, before moving onto the main island.

I hope you all had a lovely weekend!

Hannah x

No comments:

Post a Comment