Sunday, 14 August 2016

Gili Trawangan






I arrived on Gili Trawangan (aka Gili T) yesterday afternoon, after a long journey from Lovina.

Gili T is the largest of the 3 Gili islands, situated just off Lombok, famous for being a paradise island, and well as a place to party. All 3 of the islands have crystal clear water and white sand, with plenty of accommodation to choose from.

I think I have been a bit spoilt with islands this trip, as I have to admit that I wasn't wowed by Gili T when I first arrived here. However today I started to enjoy it so much more. Gili T is like the Asian version of Ibiza - a beautiful island with a great nightlife, but also an interesting culture behind it. Gili has lots of upmarket resorts and chic restaurants and shops, as well as down-to-earth homestays (B&Bs) and market stalls.

One of the things I like most about the Gili isles is that no cars or motorised forms of transport are allowed, so to get around the island you can either hire a bike or flag down a horse and cart.

I have just been relaxing on the beaches and buying some bargains from the local stores the past couple of days, as Gili T marks the end of my travels.

Hannah x

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy your time in Lombok dear

    http://inezdivaa.blogspot.co.id

    ReplyDelete