Monday, 15 August 2016

The end of my travels


7 weeks ago today I arrived in Fiji, pale and not sure of what to expect, and now I am spending my last night of travelling in a weird little hotel near Bali airport, slightly more tanned and full of amazing memories.

I can't believe how fast the last 7 weeks has gone, but I'm really happy to be going home as I have missed everyone so much. I also can't wait to not live out of a backpack any longer, and to not feel sandy all the time!

My last day was mainly spent on Gili Trawanagan, relaxing on the beach. To top it all off, on the ferry ride back to Bali I was able to sit on the top deck and watch the sun setting. There was a really warm breeze and a pink sky, and it seemed like the perfect way to end my trip...

...Until huge waves started crashing over the top of the boat and I got soaked through. I cowered over my luggage so that my camera wouldn't get wet, so by the time we reached the dock I must have looked like a drowned rat. Not the most attractive way to end my travels.

But now I'm in a hotel - showered and dry - and ready to sleep as I have to be up at 3.45am for my flight.

Hannah x

No comments:

Post a Comment